Steem Basic Income Giveaway (When your parents…)
Thanks to everyone who wrote in with their [odd little mishearings](https://steemit.com/contest/@bengy/steembasicincomegiveawayyousaywhat-46rk7iaocj)… there were some truly amusing ones there!
Now, we’ve all had this experience before… when our parents, in their zeal to talk about their beloved children…. regale a particularly embarrassing episode from your childhood (mostly by accident… sometimes on purpose) to their friends or others whilst you are sitting there melting into your shoes hoping that the time will pass quickly… and trying to remember, that this is a person who took care of you when you were little, and that you should be grateful… but oh my god, you really want to jump up and scream!
On the other hand, sometimes there is a particularly cute or lovely story that you love hearing… one that shows you in a more positive light!
1. What is something that your parents (or some other loved one) enjoys telling other people… that just really incredibly embarrasses you no end?
2. What is a story that you really like hearing your parents tell, that is about you?
I honestly have no idea why… but my mother has this story that she tells from when I was really little… about how I would go into the garden and eat various things that I found in there… snails… dog poop… I’m not entirely sure why she thinks that will be an ice-breaker and something that will really go down well (well, actually… usually it goes down well with others, just a little less so with me!). I know when the story is about to come… and I think, NO NO NO!… but it is like holding back the sea, and all you can do is grit your teeth and smile… and remember that you owe everything in life to your dear parents!
However, there is another story that she also tells… about how when my family was building a house at the back of our old house… and about how, I would be helping my father move everything across from the old house to the new house, in a little toy trolley… books, and various little things that a small child could manage. There are even photos from the time… it is something that really makes me feel good about myself, and it is a cherished idea from a time long past…..
1. Upvote is not required, but appreciated!
2. Resteem is NOT necessary!
3. In the comments, answer as best as you can the questions that are posed in the “My Questions”!
4. I have added a small Steem-Bounty to the post, so that everyone who replies with a valid entry will get something back. If I give your post a small upvote, it is valid (also, subscribe to @dustsweeper for maximum benefit!).
5. I will be sponsoring as many people as this post pays out in liquid SBD/STEEM. Also I will kick in at least the required amount to round up to the full number. Winner is by random generator after a shortlisting of quality comments!
6. PLEASE PLEASE Don’t upvote your OWN comment. I can’t stop you doing it, but it seems to mess up the distribution of the Bounty for everyone else. If you upvote your own comment, I will consider it an invalid entry when doing the draw.
One of the first communities that I came in contact with at the beginning of my time at Steemit was @steembasicincome. As a author starting out on your fresh new Steemit account, Steemit can be a daunting and lonely place to be. OFten, it can feel like you are posting into an abyss with no one listening and with no ability to grow out of the situation. A share of Steem Basic Income gives you a guaranteed vote on one post a day, thus giving you a small but over time cumulative support to your account to help grow you out of your initial wilderness!
With this post, I want to help sponsor people who might not even have the spare 1 STEEM that is required for registration. So, when this post pays out, I will sponsor people depending on the payout of this post. Basically, I will round up the SBD payout from this post and then that will be the number of people I will sponsor. (So, if the payout is 2.3 SBD, I will sponsor 3 people). OF course, this is not simply an altruistic move, as the sponsor of a Steem Basic Income share also gets a share, so it is a great way to help others whilst helping yourself!
The [last post](https://steemit.com/contest/@bengy/steembasicincomegiveawayyousaywhat-46rk7iaocj) paid out 0.726 SBD and 0 STEEM in liquid earnings. So, that would make 2 shares.
The winners by random draw are:
Account banner by jimramones