Steem Basic Income Giveaway (You say what???)
Nice array of [socks](https://steemit.com/contest/@bengy/steembasicincomegiveawaysocks-vkicxtf9i3) and all the things that you all want in your perfect sock… you are all a little strange… only requiring exactly the perfect sock for all occasions…..
This week, I had seen something completely hilarious… someone had written a thing about how they had heard the quote “Knowledge is Power – Francis Bacon” as a child…. and how they had always thought (until recently) that people were saying, “Knowledge is Power, France is Bacon”!… and for years had wondered what the cryptic connection between the two things was….
Anyway, this has led me to thinking about the many things that we’ve heard, either as a child… or as an adult… that we’ve completely misunderstood… but never realised until later!
1. What is something that you’ve misheard… and not realised until much later that you’ve completely missed the point?
When I was a kid… I remember quite distinctly that my mother would go around telling people that she would give them a ring… I thought it was a touch curious that my mum would be going around handing out rings to friends and acquaintances… but hey, I’m a kid and what do I know?
Many years later (thankfully, not toooo many years later)… I figured out that it was just a figure of speech that just referred to her giving them a call on the phone…
… can you imagine how weird I thought it was when she sometimes said that she would give them a “tinkle”?
1. Upvote is not required, but appreciated!
2. Resteem is NOT necessary!
3. In the comments, answer as best as you can the questions that are posed in the “My Questions”!
4. I have added a small Steem-Bounty to the post, so that everyone who replies with a valid entry will get something back. If I give your post a small upvote, it is valid (also, subscribe to @dustsweeper for maximum benefit!).
5. I will be sponsoring as many people as this post pays out in liquid SBD/STEEM. Also I will kick in at least the required amount to round up to the full number. Winner is by random generator after a shortlisting of quality comments!
6. PLEASE PLEASE Don’t upvote your OWN comment. I can’t stop you doing it, but it seems to mess up the distribution of the Bounty for everyone else. If you upvote your own comment, I will consider it an invalid entry when doing the draw.
One of the first communities that I came in contact with at the beginning of my time at Steemit was @steembasicincome. As a author starting out on your fresh new Steemit account, Steemit can be a daunting and lonely place to be. OFten, it can feel like you are posting into an abyss with no one listening and with no ability to grow out of the situation. A share of Steem Basic Income gives you a guaranteed vote on one post a day, thus giving you a small but over time cumulative support to your account to help grow you out of your initial wilderness!
With this post, I want to help sponsor people who might not even have the spare 1 STEEM that is required for registration. So, when this post pays out, I will sponsor people depending on the payout of this post. Basically, I will round up the SBD payout from this post and then that will be the number of people I will sponsor. (So, if the payout is 2.3 SBD, I will sponsor 3 people). OF course, this is not simply an altruistic move, as the sponsor of a Steem Basic Income share also gets a share, so it is a great way to help others whilst helping yourself!
The [last post](https://steemit.com/contest/@bengy/steembasicincomegiveawaysocks-vkicxtf9i3) paid out 1.28 SBD and 0 STEEM in liquid earnings. So, that would make 3 shares.
The winners by random draw are:
Account banner by jimramones