Steem Basic Income Giveaway (Socks….)
Phew… I’m running a bit late on posting this round! Sadly, I’m finding myself mostly on mobile at the moment and so I’m not always with a laptop, which would make it easier to post longer posts…
Anyway, thanks to everyone who put in an entry for the last round, [Who Eats the Crust?](https://steemit.com/contest/@bengy/steembasicincomegiveawaywhoeatsthecrust-vcsjuqx1cc) Lots of little tiny and interesting acts of unrecognized heroism in there!
This week, I’m finding myself gearing up for quite a numebr of concerts… which means that I’m raiding the sock drawer more and more… and it led me to thinking how essential this little piece of clothing is… and how many people use it to make little character statements!
1. What are your socks like? Do you have a favourite pair?
Well… I’m a pretty functional guy, and so I have very very plain Explorer hiking socks which I use regardless of whether I’m wearing walking boots or if I’m wearing concert dress shoes on stage! Yup, completely and utterly oblivious to fashion… that’s the statement that I’m making with my socks!
Actually, I do love my hiking socks, as they are very warm and durable. There is something very comforting about having warm feet that just makes any situation bearable!
However, over half of my socks are black… due to the need for black shoes and pants in my job. So, my only concession to a bit of fashionable flair is the occasional different colour… like dark green or dark blue!
Haha… so, that’s me in a nutshell… I prefer functionality… and that shows in my choice of preferred socks!
1. Upvote is not required, but appreciated!
2. Resteem is NOT necessary!
3. In the comments, answer as best as you can the questions that are posed in the “My Questions”!
4. I have added a small Steem-Bounty to the post, so that everyone who replies with a valid entry will get something back. If I give your post a small upvote, it is valid (also, subscribe to @dustsweeper for maximum benefit!).
5. I will be sponsoring as many people as this post pays out in liquid SBD/STEEM. Also I will kick in at least the required amount to round up to the full number. Winner is by random generator after a shortlisting of quality comments!
6. PLEASE PLEASE Don’t upvote your OWN comment. I can’t stop you doing it, but it seems to mess up the distribution of the Bounty for everyone else. If you upvote your own comment, I will consider it an invalid entry when doing the draw.
One of the first communities that I came in contact with at the beginning of my time at Steemit was @steembasicincome. As a author starting out on your fresh new Steemit account, Steemit can be a daunting and lonely place to be. OFten, it can feel like you are posting into an abyss with no one listening and with no ability to grow out of the situation. A share of Steem Basic Income gives you a guaranteed vote on one post a day, thus giving you a small but over time cumulative support to your account to help grow you out of your initial wilderness!
With this post, I want to help sponsor people who might not even have the spare 1 STEEM that is required for registration. So, when this post pays out, I will sponsor people depending on the payout of this post. Basically, I will round up the SBD payout from this post and then that will be the number of people I will sponsor. (So, if the payout is 2.3 SBD, I will sponsor 3 people). OF course, this is not simply an altruistic move, as the sponsor of a Steem Basic Income share also gets a share, so it is a great way to help others whilst helping yourself!
The [last post](https://steemit.com/contest/@bengy/steembasicincomegiveawaywhoeatsthecrust-vcsjuqx1cc) paid out 1.03 SBD and 0 STEEM in liquid earnings. So, that would make 3 shares.
The winners by random draw are:
Account banner by jimramones