Steem Basic Income Giveaway (Advice to your younger self….)
Phew… I’m a couple of days behind on this contest post… but it is getting out! Anyway, thanks to everyone who shared their [various inner demons](https://steemit.com/contest/@bengy/steembasicincomegiveawayinnerdemons-xgweaf3pt3) from last week. They were an interesting range of good hearted to more nasty ones, and some funny ones and some very serious ones….
This week, I been caught by an ongoing segment by the 730 Report on the Australian Broadcasting Corporation, where they pose the following question to a weekly guest:
What would be your advice to your younger (school age) self?
1. What would be your advice to your younger (school age) self? Note, this would be life advice and NOT things like invest in Bitcoin and get rich by selling in 2018….
As the oldest child of the first generation to two immigrants to Australia, I was always embarrassed about how my parents didn’t fit into the society in Australia. Not for lack of trying though, but they did find it quite difficult as it was such a different place and culture to what they grew up in. So, the fact that they were both full time working parents in demanding jobs in a new country with no supporting family made things quite difficult for them.
They spoke English well (my mum better than my father), and they did their best to integrate… but it was always a little different!
Now, my wife and I are immigrants (the nicer word is expats… but it is pretty much the same thing) to Netherlands and my girls are very much Dutch (except they hold Australian passports…). We are in a new land, with a different language (which my wife speaks better than I) with no supporting family close by… sounds familiar!
I wish I could go back and slap myself, and tell my younger self to be more patient and understanding of the situation that my parents found themselves in. Not that I was a terrible child or anything… but this eternal patience is something that I learnt later on…
1. Upvote is not required, but appreciated!
2. Resteem is NOT necessary!
3. In the comments, answer as best as you can the questions that are posed in the “My Questions”!
4. I have added a small Steem-Bounty to the post, so that everyone who replies with a valid entry will get something back. If I give your post a small upvote, it is valid (also, subscribe to @dustsweeper for maximum benefit!).
5. I will be sponsoring as many people as this post pays out in liquid SBD/STEEM. Also I will kick in at least the required amount to round up to the full number. Winner is by random generator after a shortlisting of quality comments!
6. PLEASE PLEASE Don’t upvote your OWN comment. I can’t stop you doing it, but it seems to mess up the distribution of the Bounty for everyone else. If you upvote your own comment, I will consider it an invalid entry when doing the draw.
One of the first communities that I came in contact with at the beginning of my time at Steemit was @steembasicincome. As a author starting out on your fresh new Steemit account, Steemit can be a daunting and lonely place to be. OFten, it can feel like you are posting into an abyss with no one listening and with no ability to grow out of the situation. A share of Steem Basic Income gives you a guaranteed vote on one post a day, thus giving you a small but over time cumulative support to your account to help grow you out of your initial wilderness!
With this post, I want to help sponsor people who might not even have the spare 1 STEEM that is required for registration. So, when this post pays out, I will sponsor people depending on the payout of this post. Basically, I will round up the SBD payout from this post and then that will be the number of people I will sponsor. (So, if the payout is 2.3 SBD, I will sponsor 3 people). OF course, this is not simply an altruistic move, as the sponsor of a Steem Basic Income share also gets a share, so it is a great way to help others whilst helping yourself!
The [last post](https://steemit.com/contest/@bengy/steembasicincomegiveawayinnerdemons-xgweaf3pt3) paid out 0.008 SBD and 2.757 STEEM in liquid earnings. So, that would make 3 shares.
The winners by random draw are:
Account banner by jimramones