Steem Basic Income Giveaway (Something Stupid…)
Haha… it seems like my usual audience isn’t the [crypto](https://steemit.com/crypto/@bengy/steembasicincomegiveawaycrypto-ujovltqg47) audience! Although, I didn’t think the question was quite so much about crypto itself!Apologies to everyone for the lax response to entries… it appears I missed a few, but rest assured, all names with valid entries were put into the random draw!
When I moved to Netherlands, I had to re-sit my driving exam (both theory and practical). Despite thinking that it was a stupid idea at the time, I soon learned that there were quite a few road rules in Australia that were different in Europe…. so, it turns out that it wasn’t such a bad idea at all! However, it did lead me to thinking, that there are many times that we jump very quickly to the idea that something is stupid, and only realise later on that there is a rationale behind it that one wasn’t aware of beforehand!
1. What is something (or more than one thing!) that you had an initial reaction of “This is stupid!” to, but later realised was actually a pretty good idea?
When I was learning (again) how to drive in The Netherlands, I learnt that on an unmarked intersection you needed to give way to the traffic coming from the RIGHT. Now, in Australia (here’s where I learn that I’m a crap driver when someone tells me otherwise…), we didn’t have this rule.
At first I thought that this was incredibly stupid, as it it surely made sense to just give way (especially on T intersections) to the traffic that was just going straight. As I started to drive more and more in Europe, I started to see that the OLD COUNTRIES had many many unregulated intersections and that in fact, it did make sense to just have one rule for giving way to to the right, rather than different rules for different types of intersections.
Simplicity really is the most beautiful thing, and for traffic, the less complicated the rules, the better the results and the lower the risk of uncertainty. It’s not such a bad idea after all!
1. Upvote if you want, it increases the payout and then I can hopefully sponsor more people.
2. Resteem is NOT neccessary, but the more people see this, the more the people will be likely to be sponsored.
3. In the comments, answer as best as you can the questions that are posed in the “My Questions”!
4. I have added a small Steem-Bounty to the post, so that everyone who replies with a valid entry will get something back. If I give your post a small upvote, it is valid (also, subscribe to @dustsweeper for maximum benefit!).
5. I will be sponsoring as many people as this post pays out in liquid SBD/STEEM. Also I will kick in at least the required amount to round up to the full number. Winner is by random generator after a shortlisting of quality comments!
One of the first communities that I came in contact with at the beginning of my time at Steemit was @steembasicincome. As a author starting out on your fresh new Steemit account, Steemit can be a daunting and lonely place to be. OFten, it can feel like you are posting into an abyss with no one listening and with no ability to grow out of the situation. A share of Steem Basic Income gives you a guaranteed vote on one post a day, thus giving you a small but over time cumulative support to your account to help grow you out of your initial wilderness!
With this post, I want to help sponsor people who might not even have the spare 1 STEEM that is required for registration. So, when this post pays out, I will sponsor people depending on the payout of this post. Basically, I will round up the SBD payout from this post and then that will be the number of people I will sponsor. (So, if the payout is 2.3 SBD, I will sponsor 3 people). OF course, this is not simply an altruistic move, as the sponsor of a Steem Basic Income share also gets a share, so it is a great way to help others whilst helping yourself!
The [last post](https://steemit.com/crypto/@bengy/steembasicincomegiveawaycrypto-ujovltqg47) paid out 1.008 SBD and 0 STEEM in liquid earnings. So, that would make 2 shares.
The winners by random draw are:
Account banner by jimramones