Steemit Basic Income Giveaway (Superpower)
Phew! Thanks for the responses to last week’s Steemi Basic Income Giveaway! I had lots of interesting responses and conversations from lots of different perspectives! I was struggling (in a good way) to keep up with the amount of informed and intelligent replies, so thanks again! However, I think that this week, I will go with a slightly lighter question and topic, just so that I can try and have a chance to catch up the replies from other posts…
I’ve always been a fan of superheros and the superhero genre of movies and TV films, and the idea of having some sort of superpower that sets one apart from others is such an enticing idea! Of course, as with any tool or gift, the propensity is there that it could be (either on purpose or inadvertently) used for either good or evil. I was thinking this week about what sort of super power that I would want to have if I could choose one, and about why I would want that particular power… and then how it could be the poisoned chalice that I was not expecting. Unintended side effects and potentially corrupt uses of that power…
My questions this week is:
1. If you could have any superpower (it could be just mundane, but laws of physics are no barrier!), what would it be?
2. Why would you want that particular superpower over any other?
3. What could be potential downsides?
I think that the superpower that I would most like would be the ability to see from out of a different person’s eyes and hear their thoughts. I’m sure that we’ve all wondered about the fact that we all (I hope… I think…) see out of our own eyes, and can hear our own thoughts, and yet we can’t be sure that everyone else has that same experience!
I think it would be an amazing thing to be able to see from a different person’s perspective and to be able to hear their inner narrative about the scene that they see! Imagine the different ideas and perspectives that you would be able to discover and experience without the inadequate medium of words!
Of course, there would be immediate and obvious downsides, that being that maybe it is the best that you don’t know the dark unknowable thoughts that bump around in other people’s minds. Perhaps there is a real reason for the little “white lies” and the politeness of not blurting out every thought that crosses your mind. Probably there are secrets and thoughts that often better left unsaid….
1. Upvote if you want, it increases the payout and then I can hopefully sponsor more people.
2. Resteem is NOT neccessary, but the more people see this, the more the people will be likely to be sponsored.
3. In the comments, tell me your thoughts about my questions about Superpowers!
4. I have added a small Steem-Bounty to the post, so that everyone who replies with a valid entry will get something back. If I give your post a small upvote, it is valid (also, subscribe to @dustsweeper for maximum benefit!).
5. I will be sponsoring as many people as this post pays out in liquid SBD/STEEM. Also I will kick in at least the required amount to round up to the full number. Winner is by random generator after a shortlisting of quality comments!
One of the first communities that I came in contact with at the beginning of my time at Steemit was @steembasicincome. As a beginning author, Steemit can be a daunting place. It feels like you are posting into an abyss with no ability to grow. Steem Basic Income gives you a guaranteed vote on one post a day, thus giving you a small but cumulative over time support to your account.
With this post, I want to help sponsor people who might not even have the spare 1 STEEM that is required for registration. So, when this post pays out, I will sponsor people depending on the payout of this post. Basically, I will round up the SBD payout from this post and then that will be the number of people I will sponsor. (So, if the payout is 2.3 SBD, I will sponsor 3 people).
The [last post](https://steemit.com/newbiegames/@bengy/steemitbasicincomegiveawayrulesandlaws-cc8e7sfy9u) paid out 0.138 SBD and 1.325 STEEM in liquid earnings. So, that would make 2 shares. However, I had such a great time with the replies and reading the comments I will boost it up to 5 shares this week:
The winners by random draw are:
Congratulations, I will be registering the Steem Basic Income shares later this evening.
Upgoats by ryivhnn
Account banner by jimramones
The classical music community at #classical-music and [Discord](https://discord.gg/ppVmmgt). Follow our community accounts @classical-music and @classical-radio. Community Logo by ivan.atman
Join us @steemitbloggers
Animation By @zord189